The days have gotten shorter, the temps have started to drop and the holiday season is almost upon us. It’s the time of year when we add those extra layers and make plans to gather with friends and family for a winter adventure.
Here’s our top ten list of reasons to visit us this winter along the north shore of Lake Superior:
1. Great Offers! We’ll start with the amazing offers that are available during the winter season.
2. Wave Watching! Undoubtedly, wintertime is one of the best times to view big waves on the Big Lake. Snuggle up with a warm drink or a glass of wine and watch the waves crash into the shore. On really cold days after a layer of ice has formed, you’ll get the added bonus of ice crashing into the shore. It’s mesmerizing!
3. Cross-Country Skiing! Some of the best cross-country skiing opportunities in the country are right here in Cook County. In fact, the Lutsen-Tofte area totals more than 150km and is groomed with the best available equipment. During your trip, you’ll find great ski options on the Sugarbush Trail System and the Norpine Trails.
4. Skiing and Snowboarding at Lutsen Mountains! Do you want to enjoy the midwest’s only true mountain ski experience? Head to Lutsen Mountains! 92 alpine runs across four interconnected mountains, make it nearly three to four times larger than any other Midwest Ski area. In addition, we offer free shuttles to and from the mountain for our guests!
5. Winter Hiking! One of our favorite ways to enjoy the area’s winter wonderland is with a winter hike. The crisp air is invigorating as you wander through picturesque forests and take in the views at stunning overlooks. Head out on your own or join us for a guided hike as part of our complimentary activities.
6. Let’s go Snowshoeing! When the snow is too deep for hiking we bring out the snowshoes. Join a guided tour and complimentary snowshoe rental for a one-of-a-kind winter experience.
7. Snowmobiling! The Lutsen-Tofte Snowmobile Trail System offers 67 miles of groomed trails that connect with the 146-mile-long North Shore State Snowmobile Trail, allowing for an endless combination of routes that can accommodate everything from a one-hour to a full-day ride.
8. Ice Skating! Our outdoor rinks at Bluefin Bay and Surfside on Lake Superior are winter favorites. In addition, skates in all sizes and hockey equipment are available to our guests as a complimentary service.
9. Bonfires & S’mores! Take a break from skating or watch others while staying cozy around the nightly bonfire. S’mores included, yum!
10. Time with loved ones! Winter months on the North Shore are truly magical. With this in mind, we invite you here to spend quality time in nature and savor the cozy moments with your favorite people.