Winter Activities Update
November 28, 2016
Here at the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts, we hope you had a warm and flavorful Thanksgiving with family and friends. As loved ones return home and things return to an increasingly winter-y usual on the North Shore, we are transitioning to our Winter Activities
offerings with the kind of enthusiasm which only snow-loving Minnesotans can bring to the table! Here is a list of some changes you can expect in the next few weeks:
1. Bikes are out, snowshoes are in! We are currently in the process of preparing our arsenal of skiis, snow-shoes, and skates for the busy winter season. Stop by Guest Services to see the new look!
2. Our shuttles to the North Shore Winery
have been very well received during the Autumn season, and we have enjoyed sharing such a phenomenal new venue with our guests! We have streamlined the sign-up process by establishing a reliable departure from the resort at 2:30 p.m. and a pick-up from the winery at 4:00 p.m. The winery is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
3. We have moved the Bluefin Bay campfire circle to a lovely new patch by the tennis court. There, you will also find that our soccer field has become the new host for our winter ice rink! An ice rink will also be available at Surfside. Now, all we need is the white fluffy stuff! Keep a watchful eye on the forecast and keep those fingers crossed.
4. Our daily guided hike now appears on the schedule as a “Wilderness Adventure.” The mode of transportation is a bit of a mystery flavor and will be either snowshoes, ice trekkers, or cross country skis depending on the conditions. The location will fluctuate as well, as decided by guests, guide, and Mother Nature.
5. Live music will be filling the December air at the Bluefin Grille
from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Come by to check out your local favorites or hear someone new!
6. No guided activities or shuttles will be available on December 1st, 6th, 13th, or 20th.
Well, there you have it! We hope your Lake Superior
getaway can be made even more spectacular with our host of activities and winter equipment. It won’t be long now!