Hygge (pronounced “HOO-gah”) is a Danish word for enjoying life’s simple pleasures. In the winter along Minnesota’s North Shore, we fully embrace and encourage this lifestyle. During this time, we seek out cozy spaces, outdoor adventures with lots of fresh air, and meaningful moments spent with family and friends. In addition, hygge promotes emotional and physical wellbeing and gives us a sense of togetherness and contentment. This feeling can happen whether we are doing something simple and ordinary or having an extraordinary winter adventure.
Here at Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts, we’ll help you get into the spirit of hygge. Imagine a day spent enjoying winter fun:
- Visit our Activity Calendar and join us on a complimentary guided adventure!
- Guests can check out complimentary cross-country skis, snowshoes, ice trekkers, and ice skates.
- Carve out the fresh powder at Lutsen Mountains, or glide along freshly groomed cross-country ski trails.
- Fuel your days with warm drinks (or drinks that warm you up!) and cozy meals from the Coho Cafe & Bakery, and the Bluefin Grille.
- After a full day of winter fun, curl up with a good book or jovial conversation with loved ones around a warm fire, soak in the indoor or outdoor hot tubs, or book a hot stone massage at the Waves of Superior Spa.
Cook County is celebrating its 4th annual Hygge Festival February 7 – 16. You’ll find events to celebrate the ‘cozy season’ all along the North Shore from Tofte to Grand Portage. Live music, night skiing, dog sled tours, special dinners, artsy events, and more have been scheduled to help you embrace life’s simple pleasures.