Believe it or not, the 4th of July is almost upon us! This means that as we celebrate our nation’s independence we also celebrate all things summer – the Big Lake and its cool breezes, the endless miles of trails to explore by foot or by bicycle, kayak and canoe excursions, golfing, fishing, outdoor dining, bonfires on the beach complete with s’mores, and time spent with friends and family making memories. In addition, The 4th of July also brings many fun and festive events to our resort and the local area…
- The Bluefin Bay 4th of July Medallion Hunt! Find the Bluefin Bay medallion and win a $100 gift card! The hunt starts at 8 am on July 4th and won’t end until it’s found! We’ll also be hosting another Medallion Hunt on Saturday, July 6th!
- The Bluefin Bay Annual Cornhole Tournament! Guests can join us for this friendly competition on the 4th of July! We’ll have an adult league and a kids league with BLUEFIN BAY GIFT CARD Prizes!! For more details and info on signing up visit the event activity page.
- The World Famous Tofte 4th of July Celebration!! Okay, it may not be “world” famous but up here it is a pretty famous day of festivities. Start your day with the Tofte Trek 10k wilderness run/walk at 9 am. The Tofte Town Center is the place to be starting at 11 am with games, local crafts, live music, food, beer garden, Bingo and an awesome parade at 2 pm! The night will be complete as you watch fireworks over Lake Superior at 10 pm from Tofte Park.
- The 4th of July in Grand Marais is also celebrated with evening live music and fireworks over the harbor.
- This whole week is also packed with lots of great activities for our guests. Guided hikes, Lake Superior kayak trips, wilderness canoe trips, biking, yoga, Forest Service naturalist programs, campfire music, live music at the Bluefin Grille, kids adventures, and more. Visit our Resorts Activities & Events calendar for the daily events.