We’re midway through May and looking forward to the unofficial kick-off to summer: Memorial Day Weekend! There is so much to love this time of year along the North Shore and here at Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts. Including, The Big Lake, the inland lakes, the trails, and the forests! We have it all up here and you could end a day having canoed on an inland lake or river, hiked a trail in the Superior National Forest, biked on the paved Gitchi-Gami trail, and skipped stones into Lake Superior. There really are enough activities to please the whole family.
A few of our favorite things in May:
- Guided Resort Activities! Our experienced and knowledgeable activity staff are here to guide you on complimentary resort activities. Experience fun area adventures in a safe and instructional environment where all abilities are welcome.
- Dining! Visit the newly renovated Bluefin Grille for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or apps and cocktails as you look out upon Lake Superior. Coho Cafe & Bakery is open 7am-9pm for breakfast, lunch, dinner, sweet treats, and coffee. With a new outdoor patio and the Gitchi Gami trail running right in front, it’s the perfect destination after a nice bike ride or walk. Our seasonal Waves of Superior Cafe opens for the season on May 23rd from 8am-3pm serving breakfast and lunch! Waves of Superior Cafe will be undergoing an interior refresh and offering a few new menu items. Including, Waves Cafe Quiche, Tex-Mex Breakfast Burrito, Smoked Salmon Quesadilla, and an Apple and Faro Salad.
- Live Music! We kick off our summer season of live music at the Bluefin Grille in late May on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9-11pm.
- Art Along the Lake: Spring Gallery Tour – May 24-27: Head out on a tour of special exhibits, demonstrations and activities at art galleries all around Cook County.
- For the bikers in the family, the Le Grand Du Nord is a gravel cycling race of 20, 66, or 120 miles to challenge riders of all levels on Saturday, May 25th.
- Check out the Visit Cook County Events calendar for a full list of area activities and entertainment.