Witnessing the gales on Lake Superior is one of the iconic experiences on Minnesota’s North Shore. Late October, November, and December are the best times to see a big wave show. Wind speeds often reach 50 mph with gusts that have been known to exceed 70 mph. You’ll be mesmerized as the huge waves repeatedly crash into the shore.
Here are 5 reasons not to miss Gales Season this year:
1. The waves, of course! Stay with us and enjoy front-row panoramic views while keeping warm and cozy inside. Pro tip: Even on a chilly day, we like to crack a window open to hear the roar of the waves.
2. Stay for less! Stay October 23-December 22 for three nights or more and receive one of those nights (midweek) completely FREE! This offer is available at Bluefin Bay, Surfside, and Temperance Landing. Learn more and book the Gales Special here.
3. Complimentary Activities! In addition to fantastic wave-watching, take advantage of our complimentary resort activities. Guided hikes, bonfires with s’mores, crafts, winery shuttles, and more. Check out the Activities Calendar for upcoming adventures.
4. Enjoy the quieter time on Minnesota’s North Shore! This may be Lake Superior’s loudest season but it’s also a peaceful time here on the North Shore. Less traffic on the roads and the trails make it the perfect time to really get away from the hustle and bustle of life. Even though it is a quieter time there are still lots of fun things going on. Explore the local calendar of events for activities happening throughout Cook County.
5. Did we mention the waves? It really is all about the magnificent show on Lake Superior this time of year. Mother Nature provides the perfect backdrop while you enjoy outdoor adventures, visit local art galleries, shop for unique gifts, indulge in a spa treatment, have cozy dinners, and relax by a fire reading a book or playing board games with friends and family. On top of that, there’s nothing better than falling asleep to the sound of the waves crashing along the shoreline.
Celebrating Mom may look different this year
Say Thank You With a Bluefin Bay Gift Card & We’ll Toss In a $25 Dining Coupon
A mother’s role is unique, valuable, never ending, and, often, just hard. Moms solve problems, balance priorities, juggle activities, and give continually. Often we unknowingly expect them to do this without showing their stress. That’s why we believe in celebrating Moms every day!
For so many mothers, this year is particularly difficult. Either they’re in isolation at home leading the charge on rethinking day-to-day life, and/or they’re juggling just got a whole lot more difficult — or both!
The Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts team celebrates all of the moms who are going above and beyond their normal heroics during this pandemic.
Moms: We see you, appreciate you, and THANK YOU!
Under normal circumstances, we love to help guests celebrate with Mother’s Day Brunch at the Bluefin Grille or a gift card so Mom can get a massage or pedicure at Waves of Superior Spa. Since that’s not possible this year, why not honor Mom with a getaway at one of her favorite spots on the North Shore?!
Honor Mom with a future getaway to Bluefin Bay
Moms are likely dreaming of the day they can shed the added responsibilities of this pandemic and get away for a little rest and relaxation. We want to help make that dream a reality!
When you purchase a Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts gift card for $200 or more before May 31, 2020, we’ll throw in a $25 dining coupon that can be used at either Coho Cafe & Bakery or the Bluefin Grille. So you give mom the gift of a future stay at one of her favorite spots, and we’ll treat you/her to $25 in dining.
This is one small way we can help you say “THANKS MOM!” This offer is good on gift card purchases between now and May 31, 2020. Though gift cards don’t expire, the dining coupons @ $25 must be used before Dec. 31, 2020.
Also, we always promise to make Mom’s future stay an enjoyable one by providing our special brand of warm and friendly hospitality.
To purchase a Gift Card with the Mother’s Day Dining Coupon, call us at 1-800-258-3346 before May 31.
And, to all the Moms reading this: Happy Mother’s Day!