Independence Day celebrations will look different this year across the country. Most cities or communities have been forced to cancel or rethink their July 4th plans in the wake of Covid-19.
Unfortunately, this includes our little community of Tofte on Minnesota’s North Shore.
The Tofte July 4th celebrations have all been cancelled this year, including: The Tofte Trek Trail Run, the parade, beer garden, live music, spaghetti dinner at Zior Lutheran, and, yes, the fireworks. 🙁
We know this is a disappointment to many of you — we’re disappointed, too! We hope you can understand that decisions were made by local leaders for the protection, health and safety of all.
Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts July 4th Festivities
That said, the Bluefin Bay Resorts team has created a fun and full day of activities for our guests. Please join us for the July 4th Medallion Hunt, Cornhole Tournaments, BBQ by the beach, and more. Yes, we’ve got great prizes!
Learn more and sign up to participate on our Resort Activities & Events Calendar. All July 4th activities will operate under current health and safety protocols.
July 4th Activities Schedule:
- July 4th Medallion Hunt (8 am until the medallion is found!): The hunt for the Bluefin Bay medallion starts at 8 am on July 4th and won’t end until it’s found! We’ll be releasing clues throughout the day. Stop by Bluefin Bay Guest Services at 8 am., 10 am, 12, pm, 2 pm, and 4 pm to get clues.
- Prize: $100 Bluefin Bay Resorts gift card to the winner/winning family
- A Strawberry & Root beer Float Station to keep you hydrated or rather the fun going!
- Cornhole Tournaments For Kids (8-15 years) and Adults (everyone else): Each Round will last for a maximum of 30 minutes. Whoever has a higher score will be the winner if teams hit the 30-minute mark. Tournament Style is a traditional single-elimination style. (Winning team advances).
- Kid’s Cornhole Tournament (10am-12pm) – prizes include: 1st place: $30, 2nd place: $25 and 3rd place: 20 and Adult’s Cornhole Tournament (Noon to 2pm) – prizes include: 1st place $100; 2nd place: $50 and 3rd place: $25.
- Grillin’ – BBQ on Bluefin Beach (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.): The Bluefin staff will be grilling burgers, chicken and hot dogs on the lawn near the lawn area firepit and play area at Bluefin Bay. Join us for a socially-distanced BBQ with a view!
- Family Cairn Competition (2:30-3:30pm): The prize is $50 to winning family
- Water Balloon Launcher Target Range (3:30-5pm)
July 4th weekend is also a great time for hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, exploring nature, having a picnic, agate hunting or rock skipping on the beach, and simply marveling at Lake Superior. All of those activities are indeed still on!
We know many of you are interested in seeing fireworks over the BIG lake. As of now, the closest fireworks display is planned in Grand Marais Harbor.
We expect there to be a crowd in Grand Marais for the fireworks so, if you plan to attend, our advice is to go early and be prepared to stay in your car or safely social distance.
Have a happy, health and safe July 4th everyone!