As many of you know, this upcoming weekend would have been Bluefin Bay’s 13th (!) annual Girls Gone North event. We are bummed to not be able to host this event that is so close to our hearts this year. We wanted to take some time to look back to previous Girls Gone North events. You can see an amusing slideshow of photos from previous years here.
Girls Gone North Weekends are a treasured time for gals to get away and enjoy themselves. We always say that what happens on the North Shore, stays on the North Shore! Our goal at Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts is to plan enough activities for the ladies to be as busy as they want to be.
We usually feature a mix of these events:
- Hiking. There’s always a couple hiking options throughout the weekend to make sure we get outside to see the beauty of the area. November is an interesting month on the North Shore – we’ve had snow, rain, sunshine, November gales, you name it! There are typically a couple resort guided hikes and then we incorporate a “girls only” hike as well. Together we’ve explored Carlton Peak, Sugarloaf Cove, Oberg Mountain, Caribou Falls, Cascade State Park and more!
- Indoor Activities. Last year we tried a new event – Silk Scarf Dyeing Workshops – and we had a blast! We’ve also mixed in other indoor events like our Fitness Fashion Show (2016), Paint & Sip (2017), Girls Only Happy Hour (2018) and more. It’s always fun to try something new with friends.
- Yoga. Morning Yoga has always been a restorative and refreshing part of the weekend.
- Wine Tasting. When the North Shore Winery opened in 2016, we knew it needed to be incorporated into our fun weekend plans! We have had wine tastings there (resort shuttle included!) every year since. The staff at the Winery are phenomenal and are happy to give us a tour and teach us about the wine making process while we’re there.
- Spa Treatments. The Waves of Superior Spa has been generous in giving our Girls Gone North weekend participants discounts on spa treatments and extended hours upon request.
- Signature Events. Always the highlight of the weekend, we have enjoyed some impressive signature events! From motivational workshops to skin care seminars to wine pairings, the signature event is always engaging and entertaining. And we are always open to new ideas if you have something you think would be fun.
Even though we can’t be together this year, we’ll be thinking of you all! If you can come visit us in November, we’ll be offering a 3rd night free for the rest of the month. Cheers to Girls Gone North 2021!