The Fall Food & Wine Lovers Weekend is almost here! November 2nd & 3rd will include special events focusing on food and wine – and of course, it is all set against the backdrop of Lake Superior! Bluefin Bay has been hosting Food & Wine Lovers Events for more than 20 years and we’re delighted to partner with Mpls-St. Paul Magazine as our media partner for this long-standing event.
We’re excited to welcome our guest chef for this year’s Friday & Saturday night dinners: Executive Chef Keven Kvalsten from the FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar in Minneapolis. Read his full bio here.
Each course will be paired with wine by our friends at Johnson Brothers Wine Company making the evenings a real treat for those who love great food and wine.
Join us! We still have a few reservations left for both Friday and Saturday evenings. Call the Bluefin Grille at 218-663-6200 to make a reservation.
Chef Kvalsten has put together a wonderful menu for the 4-course dinner on Friday evening and the 5-course dinner on Saturday evening:
Friday, November 2nd at 7 pm:
- Amuse Bouche: Smoked Whitefish
- garlic toast, cucumber, dill, crème Fraiche
- Pheasant Confit
- great northern beans, frisee, bacon marmalade
- Duck Breast
- pickled blueberry, wheat berry, glace de canard
- Sturgeon and Braised Elk Duo
- wild mushroom, potato, charred scallion butter,
- Farmers Cheesecake
- strawberry-rhubarb compote, candied walnut, mint ice
Saturday, November 3rd at 6 pm:
- Cheddar Gougère
- smoked whitefish, mustard caviar, chive
- Smoked Beet Borscht
- brown butter, duck rillette, soft boiled egg, pea tendrils
- toasted breadcrumb
- Poached Walleye
- saltine, tarragon, crispy potato, baby herbs
- Bison Bone Marrow
- beef short-rib, charred radicchio, arugula-walnut pesto
- grilled onion, pickled fennel
- Venison Loin
- parsnip fondant, crispy cabbage, juniper sauce
- lacquered carrots
- Warm Chocolate Torte
- lingonberry-mint preserve, wild rice-ice cream, burnt marshmallow