Summer At Its Best!
July 23, 2019
July has almost come and gone but don’t panic yet! We still have oodles of summer left to enjoy warm weather adventures on Minnesota’s North Shore. In case you need a few more reasons to plan one last blast of summertime fun…
- Outdoor Adventures: Our August Activity Calendar is full of complimentary adventures and events for the whole family. Kayak Lake Superior, Inland kayak on Caribou Lake, canoe the Poplar River, explore the local trails with a guided hike or take a bike ride on the Gitchi-Gami Trail. You’ll also find Kids Activities, Yoga, Winery Tours & Shuttles, plus campfires with s’mores.
- Stay cool with nature’s best air conditioning – Lake Superior! Has it been hot and humid where you live? The breeze blowing off the big lake keeps all of that away. Imagine sleeping with the windows open, listening to the waves and enjoying a cool breeze right off the lake. Aahhh! Looking for a little more heat? You’re in luck! Head inland 1+ miles for shorts and tank top weather. We really do have it all on the North Shore!
- Offers and Packages: Visit our Offers page for great last-minute vacancies at Bluefin Bay, Surfside and Temperance Landing. Plus, you’ll always save with the Internet Savings and the Extended Stay Specials. In addition, there are packages to fit everyone’s vacation needs – Stay & Play Golf Package, Senior Weeks Special, Military Veterans Special, Honeymoon Packages, and Spa Packages.
- 90th Annual Fisherman’s Picnic: Grand Marais is the place to be August 1st-4th! Minnow races, a lumberjack show, log rolling, live music, artisan vendors, store sales, pickled herring eating contest and so much more wacky and wild fun! Set along the beautiful harbor in downtown Grand Marais, this is the place to be the first weekend in August!
- Area Events: Cook County and the entire North Shore is in full swing in August and the variety of arts, entertainment, and adventure opportunities are abundant. Check out the Visit Cook County August calendar for a full list of events.