How Much Snow On The North Shore? The Most In The State!
January 14, 2019
Do you see that pretty little purple area on the map? That’s us! At the present time, it’s showing snow depths of 30 – 36 inches. We have the snow!
If you love outdoor winter activities then the Lutsen-Tofte area is the place to be. After all, we have the most snow in the state! We often get asked how much snow we have and how the trail conditions are for winter adventures. We know it can be hard to believe we have so much snow compared to other places in Minnesota. For this reason, we’re listing some great online tools to assist you with your winter vacation planning.
- Love to downhill ski? Follow this link to the Lutsen Mountains Conditions page. While there, check out their cool Live Cam!
- Are the skinny ski trails more your thing? With some of the best cross-country skiing in the country, it’s no wonder people choose Cook County for their cross-country ski trips. The Sugarbush Trail system connects directly to the resort and has 65 kilometers of groomed skate and classic ski trails from beginner to expert. Visit the Sugarbush Trail Report to stay up to date on conditions. The Norpine Trails in the Lutsen area is another beautiful ski system not to be missed. They also have some trails opened to Fat Tire Biking! Find more information, trail maps, and trail conditions here. As a guest at the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts, you also have the option to sign up for a complimentary guided ski trip to the Sugarbush or Norpine Trails. In addition, all ski equipment is included!
- Prefer to cruise the trails on a snowmobile? Cook County has more than 400 miles to explore! You’ll find trails close to Lake Superior and trails that lead you into some of the most remote places in Minnesota. Visit the Visit Cook County website for a nice overview or check out the Cook County Snow Mobile Club – Ridge Riders website. This group is dedicated to maintaining these wonderful trails.
- The handy snow depths map to the right is created and updated by the Minnesota DNR and a great tool when planning your winter getaways.
More Snow! More Fun!
January 7, 2019
Oodles of snow has fallen on Minnesota’s North Shore this winter. 2019 started with a storm that brought almost 24 inches. In addition, another 10+ of inches of snow fell last night. As a result, all outdoor winter adventures are in full swing and prime condition. Snow lovers rejoice!
It’s time to book your getaway and enjoy winter at its best. Take advantage of our incredible winter offers!
- January 3 For 2 Special: Stay three nights and receive one of those nights completely FREE! Valid Dates: Jan. 1 – Jan. 31, 2019
- Winter 4 For 3 Special: Stay four nights and receive one of those nights completely FREE! Valid Dates: Feb. 1-March 25, 2019, excluding President’s Day Weekend
- March Weekends at Midweek Rates: Stay three nights or more and receive weekends in March at midweek rates. Valid Dates: March 4-20, 2019
- Ski & Stay Packages: For those who love to downhill ski and stay at the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts, you’ll want to book a Ski & Stay Package for the best deal.
Helpful winter vacation planning tools:
Let’s go play in the snow!