Winter Family Fun…Big Snow, Big Savings!
February 26, 2018
We’ve had over 2 feet of fresh snow during the past couple weeks. Winter adventurers rejoice!
With the upcoming forecast showing daily temps in the 30’s, March is going to be an incredible month to get outside and revel in your favorite winter activities. After a day spent outside enjoying time with your loved ones, no place brings you closer to Lake Superior and to each other than the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts.
Plan your family spring break vacation where you’ll find the best Minnesota has to offer for outdoor winter activities, adventure and fun:
- March offers! Take advantage of three great offers available in March: MARCH WEEKENDS at MIDWEEK RATES, Stay longer and save with the WINTER 4 FOR 3 SPECIAL, and SKI & STAY PACKAGES. Plus, check our Offers Page often for other last-minute vacancies!
- The whole family will enjoy a wide variety of amenities available during their stay. Guests of Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts will love the outdoor hot tub and heated pool that overlooks Lake Superior. Indoor pools, saunas, bonfires with s’mores, ice rinks plus complimentary rentals of ice skates, snowshoes, and cross-country skis provide unique winter adventure options for everyone.
- Don’t miss the many guided complimentary resort activities that you can sign up for during your stay: Guided Cross-Country Ski Tours, Wilderness Adventures, Kids Adventure Club, and Yoga! Visit our Resort Activities & Events Calendar for activity descriptions, days and times.
Whether you’re seeking carefree relaxation, art and culture, or adventure you’ll find enough fun events and excursions to fill a lifetime of vacations with lasting memories. Check out the Visit Cook County calendar for upcoming local events and activities. The North Shore Visitor website is another great resource for events happening all along the North Shores Highway 61.
March Offers for Late Winter Fun!
February 19, 2018
Spring will be here before we know it and now is the time to enjoy warmer temps, longer days, and plenty of snow for outdoor adventures. At the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts on Lake Superior, you’ll find miles and miles of the world’s largest and most awe-inspiring lake in our front yard and a backyard unlike any you’ve explored. You and your family will love the complimentary guided activities, on-site amenities, and live entertainment on Monday and Friday evenings. Looking for even more nightlife? Papa Charlie’s at Lutsen Mountains has a great March line-up including a Monday & Wednesday Songwriter Series, Thursday Dance Parties, Saturday Night Live Music and Sunday Folk & Bluegrass. March is full of fun local events and happenings in the area: Check out the Visit Cook County Calendar for the full line-up.
Take advantage of these March Offers for your much needed late-winter getaway!
- WINTER 4 FOR 3 SPECIAL: This is winter at its best! Stay four nights and receive one of those nights completely FREE! Valid through March 25, 2018, Experience winter outdoor adventure and indoor relaxation at its best when you stay at any of the Bluefin Bay Resorts in March! This offer includes a complimentary night’s stay when you purchase three nights or more through March 25, 2018. See Offer Details Here.
- MARCH WEEKENDS AT MIDWEEK RATES: Stay three nights or more and receive weekends in March at midweek rates. Valid Dates:March 9-25, 2018. We love winters on the North Shore in March! Enjoy midweek rates on the weekends throughout March. Stay three nights or more and pay the midweek rate on your weekend lodging. A savings of up to 30%.
- SKI AND STAY PACKAGES: We love March skiing at Lutsen Mountains! For those who love to downhill ski and stay at the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts, you’ll want to book a Ski & Stay Package for the best deal. We offer FREE daily shuttles to and from the base of the mountain, frustration-free equipment rental at our neighboring Sawtooth Outfitters, and a variety of Can’t-be-beat Ski & Stay Packages.
When Was the Last Time You Did Something for the First Time?
February 12, 2018
The Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts and the Lutsen-Tofte area provide the best winter outdoor recreation opportunities in Minnesota. Cross-country Skiing, Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding, Winter Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Ice Skating are favorite activities this time of year.
If you’re ready to try something new and amp up the thrill factor on your winter adventures you’re in luck! Here are a few winter experiences you won’t want to miss on your next North Shore vacation:
- WILDERNESS ADVENTURE: This complimentary guided resort activity depends on weather, snow & ice conditions. If we decide to hike, we will put on some ice trekkers to grip on slippery sections and enjoy one of our local loops on the Superior Hiking Trail. This could be Cascade River, Temperance River, Oberg Mountain, Carlton Peak, or many more! When the snow is super deep and fluffy we will take out the snowshoes and float on top!
- ICE CLIMBING & WINTER RIVER ADVENTURES: Our friends at the Grand Marais based Spirit Guiding Adventures will help you experience the excitement and wonder of Winter on Minnesota’s North Shore. Participate in the exciting sport of ice climbing on some of Minnesota’s best natural waterfalls all while being led by highly experienced, inspiring guides. They also offer Winter River Adventures where you’ll enjoy a guided tour on one of the many frozen North Shore rivers. This trip is a unique blend of back-country snow travel and optional low-angle ice climbing. For more information, trip details and costs visit their website here.
- FAT TIRE BIKING: Fat tire biking is gaining in popularity as more people discover the joys of riding on snowy roads and trails in the winter. Cook County is expanding trails each year and experimenting with multi-use trails combining groomed skate skiing and fat bike trails to expand the network for biking enthusiasts. Our next-door neighbors at Sawtooth Outfitters in Tofte offer full-day fat tire bike rentals so you can try out this fun sport. They’ll also provide you with maps, directions, and tips to help you have a great experience.
- BACKCOUNTRY CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING: Are you ready to head off the groomed ski trails and explore the endless miles of wilderness that surround this beautiful area? You might want to try backcountry skiing! With a little extra preparation and information, you’ll be ready to head off the beaten path into fresh powder for a winter experience like no other. Sawtooth Outfitters, located across from Bluefin Bay Guest Services building, rents backcountry skis and will provide you with maps and tips for your one of a kind experience. Our resort activities staff are also a great resource of information for first-time backcountry skiers.
And so the adventure begins…
All We Need is Love…
February 5, 2018
and a trip to Minnesota’s North Shore! February is the month of love and we invite you to celebrate with a winter vacation to Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts. We promise that as you get closer to the lake, you’ll get closer to each other. Take advantage of great packages and upcoming specials this winter.
- Romantic Retreat Package: Two or more nights in a Grand Superior Master Suite or any other room style. Breakfast for two on two separate mornings at either the Bluefin Grille or Coho Cafe & Bakery. Dinner for two at the Bluefin Grille with breathtaking Lake Superior views (value up to $80). Your getaway should be as unique as your love and you can personalize your package with distinctive add-ons. See the complete package details for more information.
- Waves Spa Couples Getaway Package: Two or more nights in a Grand Superior Master Suite or any other room style plus a 60-minute couples relaxation massage at Waves of Superior Spa (appointments must be made when reserving lodging)
- North Shore Honeymoon Package: Two or more nights in a Grand Superior Master Suite or any other room style. Breakfast for two on two separate mornings at either the Bluefin Grille, Waves of Superior Cafe, or Coho Café (up to $25 each day). Dinner for two at the Bluefin Grille with breathtaking views (value up to $80). Rose petals scattered in your room upon arrival. Commemorative photo frame. North Shore Winery tour and tasting
Treat your Valentine to a dinner at the Bluefin Grille! Join us at the Bluefin Grille on Wednesday, February 14th, Friday, February 16th, and Saturday, February 17th. In addition to our full menu, we’ll have a few sweetheart specials on these evenings:
- Appetizer: Asian Beef Tartar with Charred Scallion Mustard, Sesame Crackers, Wakame Seaweed $18
- Single Entrée: Shrimp Crusted Lake Trout with Breton Potatoes, Ginger Apples, House Vegetables $28
- Shared Entrée: Chateaubriand with Gratin Potatoes, House Vegetables, Poivrade and Charon Sauces $65
- Dessert: Lavender Blueberry Panna Cotta with Champagne Strawberries and Shaved White Chocolate $8